Data Governance Leader – Data Quality Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1255081BR
What you'll do at
As part of the newly created Data Strategy and Enablement Team (DS&E), this role will be an enabler of our journey to be the world’s leading data-driven retailer. As part of this transformation, we are seeking an individual who will play the role of implementing & operationalizing the Data Quality strategy at Walmart.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented individual to support the acquisition process. This role requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and knowledge of contracting processes. The successful candidate will be able to complete complex tasks and proejcts quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround and take effective action as required.
About the Data Strategy and Enablement Organization:
Our organization focuses on managing and delivering world-class data assets, including creating and maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, and partner data, ensuring privacy and security when collecting
• Define standards for Data Quality Data Lifecycle and monitors compliance
• Facilitate consistent adoption of data principles, policies, standard and frameworks across the enterprise, demonstrating the value added by adoption.
• Create and maintain enterprise wide Data Quality Dashboard of controls and Data Quality Metrics
• Provide governance oversight of official data sources ensuring quality and compliance to standards and Data Service Agreements
• Oversee Data Quality Issues Management Process and maintain repository of Data Quality issues
• Participate in Data Quality Remediation programs and Root Cause Analyses
• Facilitate data quality improvement initiatives
• Initiate and control training required to implement change by involving appropriate data management stakeholders
• Facilitate best practice sharing across organization
• Assist on research, development & implementation of special projects, as needed.
• Advocate data use and protection practices, including consent and identity management. Receiving, tracking, and taking action on requests to and from stakeholders concerning policies and procedures, e.g., regulatory inquiries, audits, data advisory board reviews, consent management, incident response, and business continuity.
Who you are:
• You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
• You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
• You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team
• You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
• You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions
• You empower and inspire your colleagues and team mates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better”
• You are curious, and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years' technical program management experience OR 10 years' technical program management experience.
• Minimum of 5+ years of related experience in data-driven and Governance-focused business.
• Bachelor's degree preferred with master’s or equivalent experience
• Working experience implementing Data Quality initiatives including remediation
• Data Governance experience, Data management experience
• Experience working and managing Data Quality Tools
• Has Agile (SCRUM) experience preferred
• Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment.
• Demonstrate a passion for driving frictionless use of data through the application of thoughtful, business focused governance.
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents