Marketing Manager, Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1254075BR
What you'll do at
• Partner with category marketing & merchandising to support key product launches, programming, and seasonal initiatives.
• Provide reporting & data analysis to problem solve, identify opportunities and communicate key performance trends to the organization.
• Developing, overseeing and executing initiatives to increase paid search traffic and revenue.
• Work closely within a cross-functional digital store team to uncover customer insights that will help advance the business.
• Monitor competitive best practices, keep up with industry trends and introduce new ideas for improving performance.
• Full funnel search marketing: strategy, ads, bids, landing pages, & reporting.
• Ownership of the tactical direction, optimization, spend, and P&L of specific campaigns in your defined area of responsibility.
• Use data and appropriate analysis to make informed decisions on bids, ad copy, and landing page performance.
• Clean up data from disparate sources and generate valuable insights.
• Run reporting and communication of results/ideas within the marketing and product teams.
• Ideate, develop, and implement strategies to automate repetitive tasks and reporting.
• Working closely with design and product/tech teams to streamline and optimize the consumer experience and conversion funnels for specific products and sites to be marketed.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Drives the execution of marketing projects and initiatives for assigned vehicle(s)
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Maintains and supports the continuous improvement of Online Marketing systems, processes, and capabilities
- Manages and evaluates the performance of marketing vehicle metrics (for example, revenue, visits, conversion rates)
- Manages the Online Marketing budget for assigned vehicle(s) (for examples, paid search, affiliates, natural search)
- Manages the Walmart brand
- Manages vendor relationships and contracts for Online Marketing initiatives
- Provides insight for and influences the development of business strategies for assigned marketing vehicle(s)
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• 5+ years of SEM experience building, managing, optimizing, reporting and analyzing campaigns. AdWords Certification required.
• Very strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making.
• Strong consumer marketing experience and passion for retail and e-commerce.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Strong SQL programming skills are required.
• Experience with data wrangling and analysis in R/Rstudio or Python is desired (e.g. with dplyr or pandas).
• Strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize and meet aggressive targets and deadlines.
• Understanding of Wal-Mart’s brand promise and the ability to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging.
• Machine learning knowledge a big plus (e.g. LASSO Regression, Random Forests, GBM, ARIMA, Data Clustering).
• Experience with APIs a plus.
• Desire to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
• Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate with both business and technical resources.
• Creative thinker and thought leader, open to idea exploration with strong problem-solving/analytical abilities.
• Act like an entrepreneur: be self-motivated, take calculated risks, execute on new ideas and see projects through start to finish.
• Results orientation.
• Customer focus.
• Flexible and responsive; able to perform in a fast paced, dynamic work environment and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Demonstrated strength in creating partnerships and in building relationships with other functions and associates within the organization.
• Ability to own and execute initiatives to meet business goals. Must be a self-starter with a willingness for hands-on program management.
• Ability to effectively partner with other business leaders and cross-functional teams in order to deliver on business goals.
• Understanding of company goals, sales goals, and relationship with Wal-Mart Home Office.
• Ability to prioritize actions and allocate resources.
• Demonstrated integrity, maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges.
• Orientation toward Wal-Mart’s key values:
-Respect for the Individual.
-Service to our Customers.
-Strive for Excellence.
• Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Psychology, or related field and 2 years experience in eCommerce marketing or related field OR 5 years experience in eCommerce marketing or related field.
- 1 year experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
- 2 years experience in retail marketing.
- 2 years experience managing budgets, including forecasting and reporting financials.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- 3 years experience in online marketing, including the evaluation and analysis of key performance metrics.
- 3 years project management experience.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents