Manager, Product Planning & Strategy
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Planning / Business Analytics / Pricing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1250440BR
What you'll do at
Primary responsibilities include working directly with the Director of Strategy and Portfolio to support the management of the following key business competencies:
• Product Delivery – Management of the Strategy and Portfolio Management office across our international portfolio, including: driving stakeholder alignment, oversight of governance and controls for product delivery, including core Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), management of product leverage and partnerships across the portfolio, oversight of change management, and implementation of quarterly business reviews
• Product Strategy – Strategic partnership across the portfolio to work as a collaborator with our Product, Engineering, Design, and Artificial Intelligence leaders to determine the future of the international roadmap
• Business Operations – Oversight of the operational management of the organization, including partnering with Finance to manage the International eCommerce annual operating plan, working with Human Resources to oversee the development of the organizational structure, and working with our functional leaders across the portfolio to oversee capacity planning and resource allocation
• Identify and prioritize key business needs, quickly identifying actions for improvement with an agile mindset to roll new ideas out, test and improve
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and develop clear project plans including timelines, deliverables, value at stake, stakeholder communications, and analyses required
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in metrics and data analytic programs and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Build, develop, and maintain strategic, cross-functional stakeholder relationships by identifying key partnerships across the portfolio
• Manage relationships and communicate project information to all stakeholders at a level appropriate to their needs
• Organize and lead cross functional meetings to ensure all stakeholders are involved in current discussions and receive clear guidelines on appropriate next steps
• Strong business acumen and demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines
• Analytical and deductive reasoning skills
• Experience in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
• Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas and the power of creative thinking
• Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details
• Great team player and collaborator
• Great attention to detail and exceptional follow through
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships
• Proven strength in both oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and large groups in a professional, concise and direct manner
• Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
• You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• You have deep customer empathy, and champion the needs of customers and stakeholders throughout the development process.
• You are intellectually curious, technically savvy, and maintain a sense of humility.
• Ability to model Wal-Mart's three core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
• The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
• Ability to clearly state the vision and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
• Deep passion for retail, eCommerce, and/or consumer technology
• Experience using the following tools: Jira and Confluence
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents