Senior Machine Learning Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1245781BR
What you'll do at
We are looking for brilliant scientists and engineers to become key contributors on our data science team. What do we do? We work at automatically enriching and augmenting products descriptions, including the image experience, text description, videos and several other product attributes. We discover relationships within content at scale and power state of the art product discovery experiences all while improving our platform processes.
We are looking for talented Machine Learning Engineers that share excitement for one or more of these areas:
• Content quality: automated inference of missing or inaccurate attributes; rejection of bad text, image, videos.
• Content enrichment, automated synthesis of text and images.
• Discovery of content relationships at various degrees of complexity.
• Analysis and visualization of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data in databases, text, images, logs.
Writing solid production code to handle data and algorithms at speed and scale.
• Three (3) years of full-time industry experience in a programming-intensive role.
• Mastery of Python.
• Hands-on experience with machine learning algorithms and deep learning frameworks.
• Hands-on experience with SQL, databases, processing of large amounts of data.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with Hive, Cassandra, or other big data stores; data lake.
• Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP.
• Experience with pipelining, process automation, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes.
• Experience with Spark, Dask, distributed and parallel computing.
• Experience working with image classification, object detection and other image learning technologies.
• Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP).
• Experience with performance optimization for scale applications, e.g. optimizing resource utilization and time performances.
• Track record of research publications and patents.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts