Senior Data Scientist
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1244407BR
What you'll do at
We are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Data Scientists and Applications Engineers, working in small agile group to solve this sophisticated problem. We are building smart data systems that ingest, model and analyze massive flow of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce/user activity to set prices for millions of products in real time. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms underneath it all to analyze all this data on top of Hadoop/HBase/Hive. We then build compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards to showcase our work internally and externally.
Your work will be immediately visible to millions of people and you will have a direct impact on the business goals of Fortune #1 company. If you talk, speak and think data we want to talk to you. Come join our small team and be part of the journey from the beginning.
Primary job responsibilities are to design, develop and maintain predictive statistical models and strategies for Walmart Online Grocery. This role also offers a unique opportunity to innovate and improve on ways that leverage Walmart.com, Walmart Stores and the interphase between physical and digital.
- Designing, developing and managing real-time predictive models for payment risk, and other business use cases.
- Preparing and extracting data from large databases.
- Analyzing data covering a wide range of information from user profile, network links and transaction history. Identifying new behavior patterns through data mining and machine learning.
- For each modeling project, designing its best structure and selecting the most appropriate modeling technique which may include a combination of several modeling techniques like logistic regression, clustering algorithms, collaborative filtering algorithms, decision trees and neural networks.
- Analyzing model performance and communicating model design and performance results to senior management.
- Working with product managers and engineering in deploying models.
- Providing on-going performance tracking reports and managing model related issues continually.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Analytics or related field.
- Understanding of the mathematical concepts behind basic machine learning.
- Fluent with a data science software tool like R, Python Pandas or SAS..
- Strong interest on the interphase of Data Science and Risk Management
- PhD and research publications in a quantitative field.
- Fluent in a compiled language, like Java or Scala.
- Internships or experience in finance, banking, payments, or insurance industries.
- 2 years of experience as a Software engineer or as a Data Scientist.
- Experience with adversarial machine learning.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts