Systems Engineer III
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1240938BR
What you'll do at
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our architects, product managers and business partners to envision and power the systems & infrastructure for this complex inventory ecosystem. The ideal candidate must be able to wear multiple hats (SysEng, DBA, Developer, etc.), must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen with various monitoring and logging solutions to detect and prevent system failures. You must be able to accurately prioritize, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
• Participate in team of application engineers, architect and product visionaries to develop, prototype and build technology-driven products that will serve the current and future needs of ecommerce
• Assist in designing, transitioning and deploying of applications to various clouds
• Develop tools and framework to improve operational efficiency and anomaly detection
• Design and operate the environment to test application resiliency to infrastructure instabilities
• Responsible for application configurations in different cloud environments
• Proactively monitor, identify, and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues
• Deliver high quality code for the software designs catering to product requirements in a fast paced agile scrum sprints
• Perform build, deployment and continuous integration processes to move the code and configurations from local development environments to QA & Production environments.
• Drive production deployments using platform’s automated CI and deployment tools
• Quickly learn tools, languages and frameworks used by the team.
• Proactively learn key processes, relationships, and underlying business requirements.
• Work as Level 3 production support engineer on a rotation-basis for any production issue. Provide support in troubleshooting / investigations pertaining to the inventory management systems.
• Responsible for production environment health as first priority, enabling automated monitoring and alerting and ensuring close to 100% uptime.
• Support Business requests for investigation and analysis
se add text
• Solid hands on experience with object-oriented and event driven distributed systems.
• Extensive experience developing services using back end technologies e.g. Java, Spring, Hibernate, and tomcat and jBoss application servers.
• In depth knowledge of SQL/No-SQL and database technologies e.g. Oracle, Cassandra, Hive and caching solutions e.g. Couchbase, Memcached etc.
• Experience with cloud deployment tool OneOps.
• Experience with CI/CD and related tools e.g. Git, GitHub, Maven, Ant, Jenkins in Dev, QA, Staging, and Prod environments, and project tracking tools like JIRA.
• Experience with setting up monitoring and alerting tools, e.g. Nagios, PagerDuty, Splunk.
• Developing n-tier application using advanced implementations in RESTful services.
• Experience Implementing Kafka and JMS integration technologies.
• Developing services using IBM Sterling Commerce Fulfillment Suite.
• Integrate Apache Kibana with Elasticsearch to stream all messages from different partitions and topics for data analysis and monitoring purposes.
• Creating Shell scripts and SQL scripts that are executed daily to refresh data feeds from multiple systems.
• Developing test cases for existing and future functionalities using Junit, Java programing features and TestNG annotations.
• Creating cronjobs to configure scheduled email reports to business users.
• Integrates loggers for Medusa graphs to track transaction hits and response times.
• Experience in 24x7 operations, overseeing sites with constant high traffic
• Understand the metric requirements of system/application health
• Solid knowledge of Unix systems with the ability to troubleshoot issues in complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures. text
• Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Shell, Perl, Python, Bash, or Ruby
• Strong aptitude for writing efficient code
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
• Experience in production system operations (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Has ambition and vigor to add value to a rapidly growing development team
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts