Senior Data Scientist - Anti-Fraud
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1240472BR
What you'll do at
We are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Data Scientists and Applications Engineers, working in a small agile group to solve this sophisticated problem. We are building smart data systems that ingest, model and analyze massive flow of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce/user activity to set prices for millions of products in real time. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms underneath it all to analyze this data on top of Hadoop/HBase/Hive. We build compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards to showcase our work internally and externally.
Your work will be immediately visible to millions of people and you will have a direct impact on the business goals of Fortune #1 company. If you talk, speak and think data we want to talk to you. Come join our small team and be part of the journey from the beginning.
- Research, design and implement data models and cutting edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to predict fraud.
- For each modeling project, preparing and extracting data from large databases, designing its best structure and selecting the most appropriate modeling technique which may include a combination of several modeling techniques like logistic regression, clustering algorithms, collaborative filtering algorithms, decision trees and neural networks.
- Analyzing model performance and communicating model design and performance results to senior management.
- Work with high dimensional and fast moving data to build continually learning systems
- Working with product managers and engineering in deploying models.
- Providing on-going performance tracking reports and managing model related issues continually.
- Through your work have direct impact on revenue and bottom line
- MS/PhD in Computer Science/ Analytics/ Operations Research/Statistics or a related technical discipline
- 1-2 years of experience in data analytics, predictive modeling and machine learning using R, Python or similar statistical tools
- Proficiency in database concepts, SQL, Hive and UNIX is required
- Experience in analyzing massive and highly complex data sets, performing ad-hoc analysis and data manipulation and visualization tools
- A passion for excellence in analytics and machine learning
- Experience in programming languages would be a plus
- A can-do attitude to carry out a project from design to production on a timely basis
- Great communication skills, strong project management skills and teamwork, and superb attention to details
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up environment with stellar team of fellow data geeks
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts