Senior Project Manager II
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Project and Program Management - Merchandising
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1237597BR
What you'll do at
Walmart Services (#walmartservices) is a fast paced, strategic business unit at the forefront of our digital - physical transformation. We are a diverse team of highly skilled innovators with two primary goals: create a best in class shopping experience for our customers and help them save money. As a member of our team, you will have a hand in building tomorrow's Walmart.
To learn more about us, check out this site: https://careers.walmart.com/walmart-services
Who You Are:
• You define and lead the strategy across multiple work streams to deliver the next generation of item
• You possess a unique combination of business knowledge and technical skills
• You lead a team of domain experts responsible for translating business needs into functional requirements for the desired or proposed solutions
• Using your domain expertise in item data and business item management processes, you will help identify and champion solutions taking item management into the future.
• You are creative and innovative with a knack for making the complex simple, and strive to eliminate the extra steps and controls that overload most applications.
• You develop strong relationships with stakeholders and function as a primary liaison between product teams, end users and support teams.
• You are able to influence strategy and deliverables and recommend technical solutions and ideas by utilizing your strong understanding of business needs around current processes, systems and associated pain points
• You are a change leader able to achieve desired results by aligning and defining transformational changes and processes clearly; validating value and priority; creating both short-term and long-term project plans; assessing readiness for change; managing expectations; adjusting approaches to have positive company change adopted
As the Domain Expert of Business Solutions, Item File Development, you will develop and implement appropriate integrations with other business systems and functional areas, consulting and collaborating extensively with internal organizations (merchandising, replenishment, supply chain, etc) to align to the item strategic vision. You will drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects, managing large scale implementations and initiatives to optimize transition or remove key functionality from the item domain without impacting the business.
Who you would work for:
- This position reports to Tracy Scott, Director of Business Solutions, Item File Development
Here are some things you’ll do every day:
• Lead cross functional teams across multiple work streams
• Ensure alignment of projects to your work streams
• Lead strategy sessions to define capabilities, functionality and timelines for deliverables
• Coordinate and drive product design
• Facilitate timely resolution to questions related on how the product should function
• Provide clarity in prioritizing the features for implementation.
• Excellent customer interaction skills
• Communicate new capabilities to our customers and partners
• Ensuring success of key customer deployments
• Coordinate, plan and review of supporting technical publications
• Have an intimate understanding of the current and future states and will have the credibility with your domain expertise to influence and drive change
• Understand the pain points and capabilities that are important to buyers.
• Know that making the solution configurable is just as important as making it usable, and you enjoy setting up and demonstrating the product
• Be credible, motivated and organized
• Must be a highly effective communicator
• Must be highly organized, and able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities. Can work independently, and with a team, to meet deadlines
• Accountable for the quality and value of the implemented product
• Gain alignment of the backlog prioritization with technology and business and report results to supervisors and stakeholders.
• Ability to thrive in
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- 3 years project management experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or related field and 4 years' experience in business, operations, analytics, or related area OR 6 years' experience in business, operations, analytics, or related area.
- 3 years experience managing small or medium scale change initiatives .
- Master s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- Project Management certification.
- Six Sigma certification.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents