Power Restoration Manager
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Energy and Utilities
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1235708BR
What you'll do at
- Assists in supervising the implementation of power restoration in emergency situations where power has failed, including daily electrical outages and natural disasters, by providing guidance and oversight on safe and timely power restoration; approving rental of portable power generation equipment, refrigerated trailers and transportation methods; selecting fuel providers; determining fuel quantities; scheduling refueling; approving the hiring of electricians, contractors, etc.; updating and executing corporate power restoration plans; and coordinating restoration timing with utility company account Managers.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments for Energy Resilience by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Manages vendor invoices related to power restoration providers by reviewing invoices; creating work orders; submitting for approval; and documenting all associated expenses.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry practices by attending seminars, conferences, exhibitions, etc., to develop knowledge of changing technologies.
- Ensures accurate emergency response by educating and training associates on power restoration plans and activities; staying abreast of management changes occurring at electrical companies; and maintaining current contact information for utility companies and key support service providers.
- Plans for potential power outages by assessing ongoing and rapidly changing weather patterns; determining location of anticipated storm(s); determining potential impact of power loss on Facility operations; informing management teams of weather issues; and advising senior management on recommended preparations.
- Prepares and reconciles insurance claims costs for reimbursement from property insurance company by compiling, reviewing, and documenting expenses incurred for Insurance, Legal, Operations, and other departments; submitting expenses for approval; and serving as liaison with Legal department to ensure claims are paid.
- Ensures power generation units and refrigerated trailers are available, easy to transport, and conditioned to operate quickly by tracking locations of rented or owned resources in corporate fleet; conducting routine preventative maintenance; and ensuring all units comply with local, state, and federal laws.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field and 1 year s experience in utility operations or related area OR 3 years experience in utility operations or related area.
- 1 year s project management experience.
- 1 year s supervisory experience.
- 3 years' experience in building systems design, controls, or operations.
- Master's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Project Management certification.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents