Senior Technical Project Manager - Technology
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1233112BR
What you'll do at
The Merchant Tech organization is standing up a new team to develop Cost & Negotiation solutions for our merchants. This is a greenfield startup and our teams are agile and cloud-native. We learn from each other every day. We have a startup culture and are looking to grow our team with individuals who take pride in their craft and are ready to grow in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will:
- Work with small teams of talented engineers building best-in-class solutions
- Provide project-related support to project teams
- Interacts with key Business Stakeholders, Engineering/Product Leaders, and Executive sponsors
- Manages multiple, highly complex projects (for example, software development, infrastructure) with external stakeholders (for example, third-party vendors, and other Walmart Labs locations)
- Manages geographically distributed teams, off-shore development teams and third-party vendors
- Participate in the discovery phase to come up with high level design
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions
- Builds roadmaps and leads the development of complex projects and programs
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Project or Program Management and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management experience OR 8 years' technical program management experience.
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, energy, perseverance and the desire to solve big problems
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment and the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication, follow-up and presentation skills
- Ability to contribute to high level design discussions and drive problems to closure
- Experience in agile delivery
- Experience using JIRA
- Proven track record of leading top priority projects with a high level of complexity
- History of fostering strong cross-functional relationships between engineering, product, and business stakeholders
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents