Lead Design Researcher, IoT
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1228769BR
What you'll do at
At WalmartLabs, our customers are at the center of all our design efforts, and user experience research is one way we observe and listen to our customers to make sure we are designing the best experience for their needs. We look to the User Experience Researcher to represent the perspective of the user and help support our user insight strategy. We are looking for motivated design researcher to join our Looking Ahead team to be part of a team of makers dedicated to exploring and testing new ideas that enrich innovation thinking and accelerate a vision and strategy across the Walmart organization.
Skills You’ll Have:
• Research with agility: You have a good working knowledge of formative & summative usability research methods, and how they are applied in a fast-moving organization. Experience with field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and competitive testing are a plus.
• Actionable Findings: You translate insight into action. You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful & actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
• Creative: When you’re presented with a design or business problem, you can develop a solid research approach to learn how to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to work with your peers on your research approach.
• Collaborative: You can work with other researchers, designers, content strategists, architects, product managers and engineers to help transform complex problems into easy-to-use products. You figure out how to best address our research goals & questions so your partners don’t have to.
• Self-motivated: You are motivated to develop research programs on your own and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
• You have experience moderating live studies and un-moderated studies.
• You have experience incorporating research & metrics from other sources into your work to deliver actionable recommendations that inform design and business strategy.
• You work with our research partners (analytics & marketing research) to gather existing data and coordinate research efforts
• You work to balance speed of findings with quality and strive to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• You have experience incorporating methods to test emerging technologies such as voice and AR.
• You stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• You have good presentation, communication, and negotiation skills, and look for additional opportunities to improve.#VRjobs #ARjobs #MixedrealityJobs #VirtualRealityJobs #XRjobs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents