Analyst II Capital Expense Planning
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Online Operations
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1227923BR
What you'll do at
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Manages projects
- Manages quality and financial accuracy for business area
- Manages the execution and implementation of strategic initiatives
- Monitors and reports business area information
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Managing the outside services, training, relocation, and travel budgets by developing and updating forecasts; conducts performance and forecast year-to-date reviews and provides insight to the business; ensuring expenses are reconciled; leading budget reviews to identify operational efficiencies and cost reduction opportunities; collaborating with key stakeholders (for example, Central Operations, Finance, Real Estate, Store Planning) in order to lead projects through the finance lifecycle (for example, capital expense classification, funding, purchase order creation); providing insight and advice to leadership on budget; and providing financial results for business reviews with senior leadership. Supports the technology, capital, and overhead budget execution and management by analyzing budget expense and project reports; collaborating with Finance to address budget forecasting and concerns; providing guidance and acting as a liaison to the Operations, Finance, and Accounting
Leads execution of project and initiative finance governance by serving as a subject matter expert on process and tools; partnering with leadership to determine short- and long-term business and budget strategies; tracking and documenting lifecycle of business and contracts and incorporating this information into budgeting and governance processes; providing guidance and collaborating with additional subject matter experts to ensure the project teams understand and adhere to finance processes (for example, asset classification, accounting controls, asset write offs); determining the application of technology solutions (for example, Oracle-Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management, Essbase); developing and implementing
clear, scalable, and sustainable governance process solutions; and integrating governance processes, database applications, and tools into business
and project processes.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Logistics, Computer Science, or related field and 2 years experience in operations, retail, project management, or related area OR 4 years experience in operations, retail, project management, or related area.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, or related field and 2 years’ experience in finance, accounting, business management,
retail, or related field OR 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or business analytics.
3 years’ experience in SAP, Essbase, Hyperion, Alteryx, Tableau, or related systems.
3 years’ experience conducting financial forecasts and analytics.
3 years’ experience analyzing a budget, profit and loss statement, or related financial process
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents