Director, People Experience - Bay Area Lead
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1224616BR
What you'll do at
As the Director of People Experience (PX) for eCommerce, you’ll have an incredible opportunity to build and execute associate engagement initiatives for employees at our Walmart eCommerce hub in the Bay Area. You will lead teams of PX associates in San Bruno and Sunnyvale, at the center of building an unparalleled workplace culture. You’ll own the development and implementation of programs for community & engagement, well-being, new hire onboarding, amenities & perks, and feedback channels. You’ll also partner with colleagues across PX to activate key workspace and diversity & inclusion initiatives. You’ll also be a go-to resource for key leaders in the Bay Area for their culture, engagement, and experience needs and goals.
Happy associates = happy customers. The People Experience team believes that in order to help our customers save money and live better, we have to help our associates first. And we’re just getting started. The belief that investing in our associates – to help them live better and be bold – and everything that we’re doing to embed this belief in our business, is at the forefront of an entire industry. We’re making big changes in HR and at Walmart, and in this role you will be in a unique position to bring this change to life.
About the Role
Be a compassionate people champion and help make this the best place to work.
Lead the People Experience (PX) and Community teams for our eCommerce hub in the Bay Area.
• Lead a team to execute and help develop programs that enhance engagement and enrich our culture
• Lead, develop, mentor, and encourage your PX team members
Develop, activate, and maintain key strategic programs and community initiatives.
• Through networking and strategic partnerships, research and assess the local market to ensure that we’re competitive and offering the best solutions and opportunities for our employees
• Manage budget and regularly review costs, expenses and value, always finding ways to operate the site as efficiently as possible
Build and maintain strong relationships with your key stakeholders, business partners, and the associates you serve each day.
• Partner with site leaders to be cognizant of their needs, ensure programs are locally relevant and they exceed expectations
• Be a strong partner, representative and liaison to people managers and employees at your site
• Partner and collaborate closely with PX team members at all sites
• Work closely with HR, IT and talent acquisition teams to implement effective employee strategies
• Maintain strong external and vendor relationships
• You’re passionate about culture, you’ve successfully managed engagement/culture programs and you’re excited to apply that experience in a growing eCommerce environment
• You are committed to improving associate engagement and to using people data to do so
• You have amazing people leadership skills and know how to successfully develop, coach, partner with, and mentor team members
• You’re compassionate and collaborative, and you’ve built strong working relationships with individuals, cross-functional teams and stakeholders
• You are solution and results oriented, and you can implement big ideas with a positive attitude
• You thrive in ambiguous, ever-changing environments
• Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
• 7+ years of relevant experience
• Excellent project management skills
• Experience in a tech or similar environment is a plus
• Strong people leadership, coaching, and team management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents