Product Manager - SamsClub.com platform
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1220654BR
What you'll do at
What you’ll do
• Be the product owner for multiple parts of the core eCommerce platform for SamsClub.com
• Drive the product discovery process, implementation, migration, testing, deployment and scaling for large complex, and ambiguous projects
• Push innovation for Sam’s shopping experiences and be a champion for members by putting their evolving needs above everything else
• Understand market and consumer trends around multi-channel eCommerce.
• Identify opportunities and gaps for Sam’s Club spanning all parts of the member shopping experience including assortment, pricing, marketing, site experience and fulfillment. These opportunities could be for different member segments or with one or more categories.
• Partner with relevant stakeholders across the organization to devise strategy to seize the opportunities or close the experience gaps and provide compelling best-in-class shopping experience for Sam’s Club members and/or categories.
• Apply quantitative and qualitative market research techniques (secondary and primary), to evaluate opportunity and market potential,
• Use eCommerce Analytics tools such as Omniture and Google Analytics for analyzing user behavior and product performance.
• Conduct advanced quantitative research and statistical analysis of customer data in order to identify, examine, and develop data-driven solutions to optimize the business
• Partner with Data Science teams to apply machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms for applications such as eCommerce Search, Personalization etc.
• Work closely with Engineering and UX teams using Agile & Lean Product development methodologies including lean UX testing and prototyping
• Utilize data analysis techniques to isolate customer gaps; financial models to estimate the opportunity size; strategic frameworks such as SWOT analysis, Porter’s Five Forces, and Strategy Maps; primary research with consumers, including user interviews, surveys, conjoint analysis, and usability testing; and Machine Learning and programming languages and tools including R, SQL, and Tableau
• Create test & learn plans to validate assumptions, hypotheses and strategy. Statistically validate hypotheses and results using A/B tests
• Influence prioritization of the product roadmap by evangelizing the opportunity and strategy with relevant teams across the company
• Accelerate execution of the strategy by leading cross-group alignment and prioritization.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Product Management and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• 2-5 years’ experience in technical product management.
• 2 years experience in product development and architecture
• Experience in conception, design, implementation, deployment and optimization for large scale products
• Must feel extremely comfortable managing multiple cross functional programs simultaneously
• Be comfortable in dealing with ambiguous situations
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Significant experience in senior stakeholder management
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills. Experience with eCommerce analytics tools such as Omniture and/or Google Analytics is strongly preferred
• Experience in advanced quantitative research and statistical analysis of customer data in order to identify, examine, and develop data-driven solutions to optimize the business
• Understanding of machine learning and AI algorithms and applications of those in eCommerce Search, Personalization etc.
• Hands-on experience in Agile & Lean Product development methodologies including lean UX testing and prototyping
• Skilled in data analysis techniques to isolate customer gaps; financial models to estimate the opportunity size; SWOT analysis, Porter’s Five Forces, and Strategy Maps; primary research with consumers, including user interviews, surveys, conjoint analysis, and usability testing; and Machine Learning and programming languages and tools including R, SQL, and Tableau
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level, cooperative working style
• Good project management skills
• Detail-oriented and strong follow-through
• Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents