Senior Product Manager - Analytics & Experimentation
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1216704BR
What you'll do at
We attract tens of millions of visitors every day and our online operations are growing faster than ever. Our ongoing growth contributes to an ever-increasing need to understand and harness the power of data. You’ll partner with analytics experts and engineers to assess how best to improve data exploration, hypothesis generation, and rapid testing, balancing delivery of sophisticated features with design simplicity.
The experiences we provide customers should take advantage of information gleaned from all previous customer experiences. This role will guide measuring the effectiveness of marketing and personalization efforts and utilizing that data to increase relevancy of messages in all digital contexts. Your responsibility will be to ensure we are making progress toward this goal via scientifically rigorous measurement and experimentation.
● Assess opportunities for leveraging, extending, and/or replacing our measurement and experimentation systems, both 1st and 3rd party.
● Unlock data access and understanding for a variety of technical and non-technical colleagues.
● Drive technical and cultural change to embrace incrementality as fundamental to our measurement and marketing channel spend strategy.
● Own vision, prioritization, and execution for a variety of analytics and experimentation products in partnership with a team of analytics leaders, data scientists, and engineers.
● Build internal partnerships and influence. Improving data-backed outcomes requires teamwork across many job functions and levels.
● Be a subject matter expert on analytics and experimentation across the company. You will need to communicate at different altitudes, from compelling high-level framings that teach and influence C-level executives down to low level details that make you a key partner for data experts working on this and related data initiatives.
● Facilitate and contribute to architecture discussions.
● Drive buy versus build decisions and creative hybrid approaches for measurement and experimentation capabilities.
● Contribute to the cohesion and skillset of our product management community.
● Create and collaborate with others on initiatives that build a culture of data.
● Experience with implementing and using one or more 3rd party analytics and data capture/movement tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, mParticle, Segment
● Ability to establish shared vision in the face of ambiguity and drive cross-functional teams to regular outcomes.
● Bold thinker and influencer. We’re looking for someone in this role who generates novel ideas and can energize others to join in the journey.
● Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
● Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and generate and evaluate new opportunities with internal and external partners.
● Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with both business and technical professionals.
● Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to craft and deliver messages at all levels of granularity, from executive pitches and persuasive 6-pagers (memos/whitepapers) to functional architecture diagrams and implementation requirements.
● Comfortable defining and owning the accountability related to a portfolio of work which contains both incremental gains and game-changing big bets.
● Experience driving large cross-organizational projects with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
● Understand data capabilities necessary for various types of online personalization.
● Experience doing data analysis with SQL, R, Python, etc.
● Experience with one or more of eCommerce, AdTech, MarTech, big data, or machine learning.
● Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, etc. degree or equivalent background in rigorous technical problem solving.
● MBA or equivalent experience driving business strategy.
● 4+ years of experience in product management or a combination of product, engineering, and data roles.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents