Domain Expert Product Manager
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Product Management - Merchandising
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1213926BR
What you'll do at
- The Domain Expert Product Manager will be responsible for delivering and maintaining a new internally-facing service to unlock omnichannel item setup and management. The Manager will work cross-functionally with a primary focus on stakeholders in the stores buying organization to help launch and manage this service, which will provide organization of items across multiple item classification schemes in the Walmart Catalog. In addition, the Manager will work on additional projects related to item setup and management, driving execution and managing large scale implementations while minimizing business disruption.
What you’ll do:
- Influence strategy and deliverables and recommend technical solutions by utilizing a strong understanding of business needs around current processes, systems and associated pain points
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and act as a primary liaison between product teams, end users and support teams
- Establish short-term and long-term project plans and adjust plans in real time to help deliver new capabilities for item setup and management
- Define and monitor processes to proactively address impacts arising from changes to the Catalog taxonomy or financial hierarchy
- Review item classification relationship data and build a mapping across classification schemes in collaboration with engineering; define a rules-driven approach to automate
- Solicit feedback from key stakeholders in the merchandising organization to validate classification data output and refine logic
- Respond to input from merchandising and troubleshoot issues on a timely basis to maintain data mapping accuracy
- Collaborate with product teams to inform application feature design; perform user acceptance testing as needed
What Would Support Your Success:
- 3+ years’ experience in item setup and management tools and processes across channels with specific focus on customer-facing and enterprise-level solutions
- Experience working in a program or product management capacity preferred
- Experience in retail and / or taxonomy management preferred
- organized with experience managing multiple deadlines and priorities
- Ability to prioritize feedback from different stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with cross-functional teams to negotiate solutions to meet business needs
- Experience using Agile and waterfall development methods, working in JIRA and Slack
- Experience working as part of remote teams; willingness to travel (less than 10% of the time)
- 1 year s experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or related field and 2 years experience in project management, business, operations, or related area OR 4 years experience in project management, business, operations, or related area.
- 1 year s experience with data analytics and project management systems.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Master's degree in Business or related field.
- Project Management certification.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents