Design (UX/UI) Internship – Summer 2019
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1211547BR
What you'll do at
We are seeking a design intern to join us in our efforts to rebuild our digital retail and eCommerce platforms. The UX Design team is crafting user experiences for Walmart International customers who shop online on our sites from the web and mobile devices. It’s all about the user experience from ideation, exploring experience design concepts, to prototyping and testing. Our design teams include strategists, researchers, architects, and designers who build delightful site experiences and apps. It’s very exciting and deeply rewarding to see products in our users’ hands.
In addition to your specific assignment, you will:
• Connect with executives, learn advanced skills, and network at social events such as Intern Olympics and other social outings.
• A visionary that demonstrates up-to-date expertise in User Experience and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
• Strong experience with Sketch, Invision, Axure, Zeplin, Adobe suite, MS Office, HTML, and CSS
• Understands that picking the right font or creating whitespace may be important, but a functional design is everything.
• Has a strong enough design sensibility that you focus on behaviors and think about design systems.
• Knows that design standards can be used to solve customer problems, but that sometimes rules are meant to be broken when there's a better way to serve the customer.
• Has a can-do attitude about everything.
• Passionate about the user experience and believes that the things you design for the Internet should first be useable for people who have no idea how to use an iPhone and have never tweeted
• An awesome designer with high levels of creativity and quick solving capabilities to change the world in a huge way!
• Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Science, or related field.
• Projects assigned to interns will range in complexity depending on where the student is in their educational career.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents