2019 MBA Summer Intern - Health & Wellness
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area -
- Job Function Healthcare - Other
- Employment Type Internship
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1210519BR
What you'll do at
From day one, you will have the opportunity to influence decisions at a Fortune 1 Company. Our ongoing transformation ensures challenging projects to tackle, strategies to shape, and a high level of contribution to solving one of the country’s biggest problems. The Health and Wellness MBA Intern Program will help feed our need for a pipeline of strong leadership and provides opportunities for significant individual growth.
The 10-week leadership and development program is designed to immerse students into experiences that prepare them to be future leaders in Walmart Health and Wellness. The program allows you to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and grow your skills through professional education and development. We are seeking students with a track record of high performance, diverse skills, and professional or educational experience in healthcare management or strategic roles.
• Experience: Ten weeks across multiple, unique business areas within Walmart U.S. Health and Wellness. You will have the opportunity to gain experience with sourcing, payer relation and strategy, new business development, data science, and building robust business and financial models that drive strategic insights in a variety of high visibility initiatives.
• Exposure: Collaborative environment that facilitates frequent access to senior leadership; Executive roundtables; Immersion experiences across our Stores, Clubs and Supply Chain; Access to industry leading experts in healthcare
• Education: Mentoring; Leadership competency growth; Ongoing technical skill development and individual coaching
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR ROTATIONS?
Each experience is a mix of industry insight, financial analysis and modeling, influence and development of strategic decisions, and implementing initiatives to improve business performance. Examples include:
• Create and compare dynamic financial models to measure and influence investment in healthcare initiatives
• Establish new and enhance existing strategies for external relationships by developing new business initiatives with large payer and pharmaceutical companies
• Perform a comprehensive assessment of pharmaceutical supply chain to strategically optimize inventory investment, gross profit, and assortment while identifying categories where Walmart should grow, contract, or shift to another channel
• Develop and implement new clinical initiatives that realize customer and payer or pharma value
• Complete a comprehensive review of the Walmart Prescription Drug Program and suggest changes based on financial modeling and market demand
No matter the role or project, there is a great sense of satisfaction in seeing your ideas implemented and results come to fruition, whether it is through improving the lives of our customers or driving change that ripples through an entire industry.
• Strong communication skills: experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
• Strategic, critical thinking with strong problem-solving skills and common business acumen
• Authorization to work in US without restrictions
• Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
• Strong business communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation – Microsoft Word, Excel, and PPT)
• A growth mindset and the ability to adapt quickly to change
• Inspiration to change the world of healthcare
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents