Director, Workforce Forecasting & Planning- Industrial Engineering
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1209294BR
What you'll do at
This leader will drive the labor management plans required to effectively and efficiently meet customer service levels throughout our network. This person will lead the team to establish quarterly labor goals with operations, finance and cross-functional partners, provide status updates, drive compliance, promote a culture of labor management throughout the business, understand the business model/needs and influence behavior in a collaborative way across a large decentralized organization.
• Lead a team of forecasting professionals responsible for developing and managing long range forecasting, capacity/demand planning, and monitoring operational performance for field teams
• Evaluate current processes and activities utilizes the most up to date engineering tools and technologies
• Develop intelligent forecasting tools that deliver a crystal view of future workforce, expenditures, and risk within the department’s budget limitations
• Advise senior management of potential budgetary risks and coordinate with the appropriate department to resolve gaps, output issues, or other problems.
• Collaborate with operations leaders and business partners to report on budget performance and proactively recommend improvements
• Leverage data and predictive analysis to clearly articulate problems and influence decisions that support the strategic direction
• Develop a talent strategy for critical roles, capabilities and build a plan to get there
• Recommend, develop and implement key performance indicators to improve business results.
• Identify and implement technology and other tools to improvement workforce planning and workforce management.
• Identify and plan for special causes including: spikes and/or step changes in demand, client campaign, product, weather factors, and system outages.
• Communication of key information across the enterprise so that everyone is aware of volume, metrics and significant variation in performance.
- 2 years' experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office (for example, Word, Excel).
- 3 years' of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Management, or related field and 5 years' experience in engineering, project management, supply chain, operations management, or related field OR 7 years' experience in engineering, project management, supply chain, operations management, or related field.
- 1 year's experience leading teams in engineering, strategy, or innovations fields.
- 2 years' experience leading cross-functional teams.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents