Corporate Strategy Manager
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1205101BR
What you'll do at
The corporate strategy group works with the CEO and his direct reports to set the enterprise strategic agenda for Walmart. Given the turning point in Walmart’s strategy, this function is crucial. We are at the forefront of re-defining Walmart’s value proposition and core capabilities. We are looking to shape the future of Walmart – what Walmart should offer our customers 5 years and 10 years from now.
About the role
The corporate strategy manager has high visibility with access to senior leadership at Walmart. You should be:
• A team player with a strong work ethic – willing to roll up your sleeves regardless of how challenging the work or the situation is.
• Proactive with intellectual curiosity – always curious about how to develop hypotheses and methodologies to solve problems
• Professionally mature with great communication skills – highly thoughtful about listening, speaking, and building / managing relationships.
• Data-driven – know how to support hypotheses with data related to customer, competitor and macro economy
• An organizer – enjoys managing timelines / deliverables and bringing along stakeholders towards a project goal
• *2+ years of work experience in corporate strategy, management consulting, business strategy desired but not necessary
At a glance, this is how a day looks like for the corporate strategy manager:
1. At 8am, you get an email from the SVP re: her discussion with the CEO on market competition last night. An emerging competitor has the CEO’s attention and he wants to learn the latest about them. The SVP asks you for an overview on the company. The deadline is EOD tomorrow.
2. At 10am, you attend a working session with a top consulting firm that has been driving a project on a new business opportunity. The session includes stakeholders across the organization - the corporate strategy & development, business segments and functional teams to refine execution plans and build a business case. In 2 weeks, you will need to be in California to join field sessions there.
3. At noon, you and other team members attend a lunch & learn session with the supply chain SVP, who leads the entire ecommerce supply chain operations.
4. At 1pm, the senior director sends emails to internal stakeholders about upcoming Board meeting agendas, deadlines and their responsibilities, and copies you. You will need to support the senior director to ensure Board materials are gathered and completed properly on time. Recipients includes executives and heads of strategy from each business segment.
5. At 3pm, you and other team members have a brainstorming session with the SVP on one of growth initiatives that you and the director are leading together. You present your findings and the team discuss how to prepare a material for the upcoming meeting with the CEO and his direct reports.
Our group has a great culture – open, flat and collaborative. This position is an excellent way to join Walmart with immediate visibility into leadership’s priorities and strategy.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field OR 3 years experience in finance or related field.
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents