Senior Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1196418BR
What you'll do at
ANALYTICS REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics is preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: At least 5 years of experience in technical environment, 2 years of experience in Web Analytics technical or analysis area
1. Analytic Platforms – Planning & Execution (40%)
- Manages site tagging standards and integrity by developing web analytics strategy, processes and methodologies; drives optimization of systems implementation and reporting.
- Gathering business requirements for new tagging requests; delivering solution design recommendations for tagging to product and engineering teams; partnering closely with the product and engineering teams to identify gaps in current data capture strategy and collaborating to implement enhancements; prioritizing enhancements needed to current implementation; ensuring site tagging and measurement standard provides necessary visibility into impact and value of new initiatives or new product releases; and driving standardization, governance, and communication of analytics.
- Manage analytic platform/product pipelines to ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Site Analytics by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating analytic platform business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous support to the data collection process.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
2, Data Accuracy and Platform Integrations (30%)
- Periodic data validation on data collection variables and collaborate with technical team to make tagging changes. This individual will make sure our analytic tools meet internal customers’ needs while satisfying scalability, reliability and other performance requirements.
- Responsible for supporting development of enterprise data warehouse that collects web traffic and marketing campaign data, management dashboards, website behavior analysis, data consolidation, and validation.
- Delivers insights into analytic platform performance by providing objective reporting; focusing the organization on meaningful metrics; measuring success against objectives for all customer facing product releases; evaluating data accuracy within reporting and dashboard tools for effectiveness; and measuring impact of any changes to site (for example, new functionality).
- Collaboration with various business stakeholders in scoping out multiple analytic platform (marketing/merchandising/e-Commerce professionals) integration capabilities. Responsible for building product specifications for platform functionalities. Application of innovative thinking and problem solving is important for this role.
3, Partnering, Training & Platform Governance: (30%)
- Partnering with the Product and Engineering teams to drive the implementation and enhancement of analytics tracking on Wlmart.com and its other web properties;
- Evangelize analytic concepts and serves as an advocate for web analytics by striving to improve skills and capabilities within the web metrics space; creating and maintaining a data driven culture at across all e-Commerce business units.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts