Sr. Manager, Regional Transportation Operations-LOGS
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1194899BR
What you'll do at
Accountable for meeting specific AOP and monthly budget for six to nine multi-year carrier contracts, weekly monitoring of each segment of the carrier pricing components and ensure all key financial/cost metrics are measured and work to improve areas where they are underperforming.
Collaborate within various Transportation teams to include, Private Fleet Strategy and Network optimization, Private Fleet Field and Central Operations, Finance, Analytics, Maintenance, and multiple backhaul vendors to drive execution and continuous improvements for each operation. Requiring quarterly modeling of each operation, continuous move implementation, and carrier QBR’s
Coordinate with Walmart local GDC and carrier field teams to review and monitor load volume forecasts, ensure capacity is balanced for both dry and temperature control volume between the carrier and Walmart Private Fleet. Identify capacity gaps and augment with Fleet and Procurement for sourcing. Continuously improve the overall forecasts process and strive for a 90% accuracy in FY20.
Ensure compliance in all aspects of the carrier contract to include trailer maintenance management, maintaining domiciled driver quantities, invoice and payment accuracy, adequate surge capacity, and overall quality of the delivery operations. This is through daily interaction from a centralized management process along with bi-monthly field audits.
- Conducts equipment capacity planning and dedicated carrier management
- Directs transportation operations
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Implements financial improvements
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Removes barriers confronting field transportation teams
- Supports regional communication
- Supports vendor backhaul business
- 1 year's experience with word processing or database applications (e.g., MS-Office, Excel, Access).
- Bachelor s degree in Business or related field and 4 years' experience in Supply Chain Management (e.g., Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Logistics) or related field OR 6 years' experience in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- 1 year's supervisory experience.
- 2 years' project management experience.
- Master's degree in Business or related field.
- Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt).
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents