General Manager (Grocery Automation) - Shafter CA
- Location FONTANA, CA
- Career Area Distribution Centers
- Job Function Warehousing - Management
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1186021BR
What you'll do at
- Communicates with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Drives continuous improvement efforts consistent with the Walmart Performance System (WPS)
- Drives, develops, and oversees implementation of the business plan and new strategies for the large- or medium-scale facility to achieve facility goals (for example, production, quality, safety); and developing strategic improvements for complex operations.
- Ensures associate, customer, and supplier concerns are resolved
- Leads and directs the large- or medium-scale facility's leadership
- Leads and monitors Supply Chain initiatives
- Manages financial aspects for the facility
- Monitors and ensures facility-wide compliance with Supply Chain and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives
- Provides overall direction
- Reviews and approves forecasted staffing plans to ensure staffing plans meet business demands for workload and performance results;oversees the timely implementation of staffing plans.
- Serves as a community liaison
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management, or related field and 3 years experience in a senior management role within an operations, distribution, supply chain, or retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees facility-wide OR 3 years experience as a Walmart Supply Chain Assistant General Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates OR 5 years experience in a senior management role as an operations, distribution, supply chain, or retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees facility-wide.
- 3 years experience at a senior-level managing multiple business types (for example, Grocery, Hardlines, Apparel) within a warehouse or supply chain network.
- 5 years experience developing and leveraging internal and external relationships.
- 5 years experience developing and managing budgets, managing profit and loss, developing manpower forecasts, monitoring regulatory compliance, and analyzing financial/operational data.
- 5 years experience leading change initiatives in an operating environment.
- 5 years experience managing operations within an Operations Excellence environment (for example, TPS, TPM, Lean) with responsibility for developing processes, implementing programs, and ensuring deployment & sustainability.
- 5 years experience with Lean Manufacturing tools and processes.
- 5 years experience with grocery industry standards, food safety & species compliance, food storage and transportation.
- 5 years international business experience.
- Project management certification (for example, PMP)..
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents