Senior Manager, Head of Campus Recruiting West Coast
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1182343BR
What you'll do at
The preferred Manager candidate:
• Aligns the campus recruiting efforts of the eCommerce group to the Walmart US program and leverages resources and relationships where possible.
• Works with hiring managers and leadership to develop an accurate hiring forecast for both interns and new college graduates at the undergraduate, graduate and PhD levels. Based on needs identifies target schools and facilitates the building of relationships with key stakeholders on those campuses to ensure access to top student talent.
• Influences selection methodology across the UR program to help managers, interviewers and recruiters assess skills and potential.
• Organizes and plans campus recruiting activities at schools and in other venues targeting student talent to enhance employment brand and position Walmart eCommerce as the employer-of-choice
• Ensures alignment with overall diversity goals and other community based commitments in order to build strong pipelines of talent in areas of targeted enhanced representation (i.e. Women in Technology)
• Ensures proper representation in select events by coordinating with HR Business Partners, TA Leadership and representatives from the business. Identifies opportunities for business leaders to engage in on-campus activities for the purposes of creating awareness of the Walmart eCommerce employment brand and engaging potential talent.
• Serves as a subject matter expert to TA leadership on matters related to UR programs at both the regular full-time hire and intern levels.
• Drives the execution of multiple projects related to University Relations by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
• Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
• at least 2 years supervising a campus recruiting team
• Bachelor s degree with evidence of strong academic performance
• Excellent skills in influencing, developing and diagnosing strategy and managing change, with deep experience in operations management
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents