- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1181102BR
What you'll do at
fraud loss while not impacting growth in a seamless and frictionless manner. The team takes pride in being quick to resolve emerging fraud patterns, forecast fraud scenarios and prevent them before they occur, build long-term
system and product features and create sustainable machine learning models and rules.
The fraud PM will have full responsibility for developing features, platforms, models and capabilities to proactively identify sources of and patterns of fraud and minimize the company’s total exposure to financial and reputational
risk. The product manager will develop and execute a long-term vision that will establish Sams club, its systems and capabilities as the industry leader in fraud management and mitigation and services.
This individual possesses a very high level of product development and management expertise and is very experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data and prior experience to create insights for
cross-functional stakeholders that includes engineers, analysts, research scientists and fraud operations. The product manager will ensure that we deliver a member-first approach and define and articulate the member
experience and impact on fraud detection and prevention activities. This individual will be the ‘go to’ leader for multiple cross-functional teams to deliver the latest fraud and risk solutions across multiple businesses. The
individual is an experienced manager who will take an experimental approach to designing and testing new product features.
• End to end product ownership to drive our strategic product and technology vision for Fraud.
• Develop and execute a member-focused product roadmap via close collaboration with senior leadership, Fraud Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
• Translate member and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud landscape
• Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
• Oversee the design, development and management of real-time systems and models to combat systematic fraud, etc.
• Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and to create product insights.
• Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key fraud issues and solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives.
• Establish business cases and projected ROI on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities
Experience & Skills
• 5+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
• Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
• Proven experience in defining strategic vision and tactical execution to reduce fraud and build sustainable fraud products and systems.
• Focus and rigour on data and analytics to solve problems and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
• Experience in effectively working with multiple stakeholders for collaboration and solving company-wide problems.
• Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to stand-by decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially to communicate effectively with senior executives
• Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and drive independently
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents