Senior Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1177836BR
What you'll do at
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms, excellent problem solving, analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of streaming systems like Spark, Storm, Kafka, NoSQL databases
- Strong development skills around Hadoop, Hive, Scalding, Map Reduce
- BS + 6 years, MS + 4 years, PhD + 1 year of work experience in a similar role
- Ability to navigate and work through ambiguity
- Strong development skills around building scalable low latency web-services
- Proven background in Distributed Computing, Data Warehousing, ETL development, and large scale data processing
- Strong development skills in Python and SQL
- Knowledge and proven experience on SOA, performance/scalability tuning, real time analytics
- Good testing practices (unit, integration, system) with automation
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts