Senior Design Technologist
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1176826BR
What you'll do at
• Analyze multiple data points to design and develop complex prototypes that meet both business and user needs.
• Influence the design of next-generation UX concepts and structures (i.e. reusable navigation schemes, components, and templates) across our products.
• Contribute new and improved designs, guidelines, and patterns across multiple platforms and modalities.
• Proactively research emerging technologies and identify sources of knowledge that impact design success and address our product’s future.
• Ensure a consistent, appealing, and dynamic customer experience.
• Confidently articulate design feasibility within existing systems and innovation paths.
• Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years relevant experience (HCI, computer science, design, cognitive science)
• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs.
• Experience with modern UI standards (accessibility, responsive design, grids, animation, performance).
• Multiple strengths for creating interactive and experientially rich and effective prototypes and experiences.
• Natural curiosity for new technology and able to discern the complex problems that arise from its implementation.
• Thorough knowledge of prototyping strategies, measurements, and tools, and ability to implement them thoughtfully.
• Effective collaborator in a team environment with cross-functional partners including designers, engineers, product managers, researchers, and content strategists.
• Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to translate complex concepts to clear communication across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Deep understanding off the design process including awareness of research methodologies.
• Experience working in a large organization.
• Experience with e-commerce
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents