Senior UX Content Strategist, Online Grocery
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1175775BR
What you'll do at
The content strategist plays a crucial role in this mission, orchestrating Walmart’s interactions with customers throughout the online journey, resolving any gaps in communication and collaborating with design for a best-in-class experience and straightforward, engaging content.
What You’ll Do:
• Solve complex problems, using data, analytics and business objectives to inform (but not overwhelm) customer-facing content
• Participate in generative research by visiting the store and being involved in user testing
• Define the value prop in every new initiative, helping keep the end goal in sight
• Write succinct, on-task content that engages users and reduces confusion, e.g., onboarding, toasts, modals, error messages, FAQ, transactional emails, push/SMS, etc.
• Ensure UX copy meets the highest level of compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
• Manage messaging to ensure satisfactory E2E experiences; minimize friction for the customer while driving desired outcomes
• Audit/revise/retire content, ensuring a consistency of voice and tone throughout the experience; enhance flows, page organization and information architecture
• Contribute to the development of content processes; collaborate with designers and researchers to support a cohesive UX ecosystem
• Educate business/product managers and other teams on content strategy’s role in shaping new features and program launches
What you’ll need:
• Significant writing and editing experience in e-commerce and tech, preferably B2C
• Solid work samples showcasing a data-driven approach that takes into consideration: business metrics, site assessment, competitive analysis and secondary research
• Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
• Exceptional command of grammar and punctuation
• Enthusiasm for following the latest industry news and developments
• Curiosity to design to ADA standards as well as test with screen readers
• Ability to juggle multiple projects; adaptable to ever-changing priorities
• Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines for web and mobile applications.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents