Staff Software Engineer (DevOps)
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1163249BR
What you'll do at
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
• Supporting and monitoring the application expected to run 24/7 in a fast paced environment.
• Participation in oncall rotation, carrying oncall phone.
• Promptly responding to alerts and other issues raised by customers or internal business units.
• Promptly notifying relevant parties and acknowledging alerts.
• Promptly working with vendors, third party service providers (Content delivery networks, payment gateways, content licensing partners etc.) and internal teams to solve production issues.
• Collecting approvals and running software rollouts post-approvals.
• Working on day-to-day tasks like managing user access and supporting internal business units.
• Troubleshooting and fixing infrastructure issues from hardware layer to application layers with no or minimal supervision.
• Working on tailoring monitoring and alerting systems to avoid false positives and update alert related settings.
• Reviewing alerts, emails, updating relevant teams in meetings regarding issues and outages.
• Migrating applications to cloud infrastructure
• Design and Develop the required tools for Automation.
• Knowledge or at least familiarity with Linux shell, system internals, network, java applications, Informix database and Cloud RDBMS management experience.
• Love for debugging: troubleshooting and debugging monitoring alerts and internet connectivity issues.
• Ability to read and understand server/systems logs and produce meaningful issue analyses.
• Good analytics, troubleshooting skills and intuition about probable root cause.
• Working experience in Oracle ATG Commerce
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Software Development / System Administration / DevOps experience
• Experience in Version control administration (Git, SVN)
• JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache administration experience is a must
• Big data (Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Cassandra) experience is a plus
• Configuration management tools experience(Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
• Must have experience with Jenkins, Tomcat administration, IBM MQ administration,
• Familiarity with Splunk, Python, Apache, rsync and monitoring/alerting tools like Nagios, PagerDuty, OpsGenie, APM tools like Dynatrace/App Dynamics will be a plus.
• Mentor other DevOps Engineers and foster an environment of growth and learning
• 3+ years of experience in leading and delivering large scale initiatives
• 2+ years of experience in infrastructure design for eCommerce applications on cloud is a must
• Experience in setting up, administering Splunk, APM like Dynatrace/App Dynamics is a must.
• Provide solutions and implement the monitoring requirements of ecommerce applications preferably Oracle commerce ATG applications.
• Provide ATG Technical Support to Engineering and Support team.
• Should have prior experience of deploying ATG applications in Cloud (OneOps, AWS, AZure etc..)
• Provide support to troubleshoot ATG-JBOSS applications
Educational Qualification :
Bachelor’s degree in computer Science
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents