Sr. Manager ( Merchandising/ Digital Product Marketing)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1162380BR
What you'll do at
The role is on the Content Acquisition Team, part of the area responsible for the development and management of the Walmart Product Catalog. The acquisition of content (Product attributes including Images, Descriptions, Titles etc.) is accomplished by purchasing available data, leveraging internal content capabilities, external partners and working with suppliers to ingest the best possible content.
The role will be to supervise a team and directly engage with the merchants across categories, to develop and execute a content strategy that supports the goals of each category.
1. Develop, in collaboration with category merchants an annual content strategy that is specific to the category(s) and subcategories. The strategy needs to be aligned to category business goals. Become a category expert utilizing external and internal resources to be a highly effective consultant to our business.
2. Implement and execute the content strategy, using and improving the existing Category Engagement practice. This role will be responsible for consistency of engagement across categories. Success will be measured on a quarterly basis against the strategy and individual project outcomes that are executed within the quarter.
3. Develop and use a consistent reporting model to show the value the content team is bringing to the category(s), this need to be aligned to merchandising KPIs such as driving CVI scores and improving P&L performance
4. Become an expert in the use of the tools the team uses, including but not limited to Omniture, Thoughtspot, Content Quality tools, DSS reports, the process to rank content sources, Supplier Center, the Content ingestion tool, Google Trends, Taxonomy tool and the ability to analyze data that is not always easily extracted.
5. Be able to provide consistent support to the merchants to help debug and rectify process and facilitate technical issues that may not always fall solely in your role
6. This position will be expected to independently use the tools to develop and execute a content strategy for a category. This position will also be expected to onboard new team members, mentor & train them in the use of the tools.
7. Be a content expert, understand all the various types of product attribution and content and which content types will have the most impact on product performance.
8. Understand the way the Walmart Catalog works, how products are categorized, how website facets are managed and how internal product hierarchies and managed.
9. Develop and maintain relationships with the category merchants at all levels in the organization. The expectation is that this role be invited to attend Category Strategy meetings and add value as a content expert and consultant.
10. Be able to work in a true matrix organization while being a mentor to all team members.
11. Stay abreast of latest developments, best practices and competitive intelligence in product content.
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 3 years' product management experience.
1. Develop and retain relationships
2. Leadership / supervisory experience
3. Excellent Communication skills
4. Work in a matrix, influence without authority
5. Attention to detail, persistent drive to understand details of process, tools
6. Strategic thinking
7. Process development and implementation
8. Ability to help merchants and suppliers understand technical and process related concepts
9. Knowledge of Product attribution, Product Content, Product page optimization.
1. Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Information Technology or related field and 4 years’ experience in Marketing, Merchandising or information technology within the past 10 years OR
2. 7 years’ experience in Marketing, Retail Merchandising, Information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR Master's degree in Marketing, Retail, Information Technology or related field and 2 years’ experience in Marketing, Merchandising or related field within the past 10 years.
3. Demonstrated experience in, and Knowledge of Product attribution and Consumer facing Content
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
2+ Years’ Experience in strategic planning and strategy implementation.
Experience in Design, Customer Experience, Data Analytics & Visualization.
Experience with a Supplier to Walmart or Agency in a role related to Item Setup, Product attribution
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents