Senior Merchant Optical and Hearing -Sams
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1161250BR
What you'll do at
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Good financial performance is not only dependent on implementing budgets but can also be an indicator of how we are serving our members. Developing well-supported short and long-term plans and operating as an Every Day Low Cost (EDLC) organization is the lifeblood of our company. This is modeled
- Provides overall direction
- The Senior Merchant is expected to develop, communicate, implement, and execute multi-year merchandising strategies to consistently deliver on their financial obligations for the company. The Senior Merchant improves club-level execution and member satisfaction, and creates a sustainable competitive advantage for Sam's Club
- The Senior Merchant will be expected to grow membership satisfaction through quality, innovative, and trendsetting products. This is accomplished
- The Senior Merchant will be responsible for leading negotiations with suppliers to gain long-term benefits and cost savings on trendsetting products. You will accomplish this
- The Senior Merchant will be responsible for making sure that products are effectively and efficiently sourced and packaged to ensure supply chain effectiveness and cost efficiencies and product presentation in the clubs. You will accomplish this
- 4 years experience with direct responsibility for profit and loss (P&L) statements.
- Bachelor s degree in Business or related field and 5 years experience in merchandising or related field OR 7 years experience in merchandising or related field.
- 6 years supervisory experience.
- 8 years experience in merchandising or related field.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents