- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1156419BR
What you'll do at
Supports user experience strategy and innovation by evaluating the current competitive landscape for compelling customer experiences; analyzing future trends and forecasts in related fields; constructing compelling artifacts outlining present conditions and proposed solutions; and presenting information within and across the organization to gain strategic alignment and encourage change.
Creates the user experience designs (user interface design comps, visual design specs, prototypes, and other visual assets) for medium-sized, diverse projects (i.e. new check-out system) by participating in overall project design definition activities; defining methods to be used, including competitive audits and secondary research; driving creation of designs, and specs that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, and branding objectives; presenting designs to project and business teams for review; and working with engineering leads to determine efficacy of given solution.
Mentors associate designers and designers in day-to-day user experience design methodology and principles by providing guidance on project based design tasks; and creating educational design modules for the user experience practice curriculum.
Leads medium-sized, diverse, cross-functional user experience (UE) projects (i.e. new check-out system of 70+ pages) to generate the overall user experience solution and deliver usability on product within feasibility limits by coordinating all of the UE (design, architecture, writing, prototypes) and research (market and user research) activities and deliverables to plan, test and execute the recommended user experience to the product manager.
A little about you:
- Passionate about driving user-centric decisions in design and research
- Curious about how to make things better, more efficient or simple by listening to users
- Flexible but consistently delivering quality when working against deadlines
- Welcomes honest feedback
- Bachelor Degree in technical design, interaction design, psychology or digital design and 2 years design research experience OR Masters Degree in HCI, interaction design or related degree
• Experience in implementing qualitative and/or quantitative research projects a plus.
• Certification in User Experience from Nielsen Norman, Human Factors International, or other institution a plus.
• Experience with Research in Statistics and/or Psychology
• Usability Research, Process Research, Field Testing, Field research, Heuristic, qualitative or quantitative or other design methodology.
• Experience researching as part of medium to large design projects with customers is preferred.
• Agency experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience or an understanding of Agile methodology.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Design, InVision, Sketch
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents