Director, Product Management, Technology
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1149997BR
What you'll do at
• You will develop and champion a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap for Global Integrated Fulfillment ( GIF ), in support of corporate goals and objectives
• You will lead a team of Product Managers, investing your time in building a team and developing talent who can deliver awesome products
• You and your team will use customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements
• You will work with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions, working across time zones and frequently traveling to build customer closeness and stakeholder relationships
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Directs product initiatives
- Ensures the delivery of the product area portfolio
- Leads the formulation of product vision and strategy for a single product area
- Provides overall direction
Directs product initiatives by ensuring critical business issues, country needs, and core product strategies are addressed in product decisions;
ensuring product scorecards are completed; driving process changes based on feedback; driving resource allocation decisions; and setting the
standard for Product Manager deliverables.
Ensures the delivery of the product area portfolio by overseeing the development of product specifications, product road maps, and other product
management deliverables; and managing and communicating trade-off decisions to product management leadership.
Leads the formulation of product vision and strategy for a single product area by researching and recommending new products, tools, and
applications; supporting Product Managers to uncover latent customer needs, competitive threats, and emerging trends through research; working
with Product Managers to develop clear and complete business case presentations for senior management; balancing scope of development projects
to make the most efficient use of resources; and ensuring that Product Managers use accurate and robust financial modeling and scenario analysis
for major initiatives.
Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting,
selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all
programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading
key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate
business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Provides overall direction for a Product Management area by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating,
building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business
plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results;
identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring
- 2 years' supervisory experience
- Bachelor of Science and 7 years' product management experience OR 11 years' product management experience.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts