2019 Full-Time MBA - E3 Finance & Strategy, Senior Manager
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type Full Time - Campus
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1145287BR
What you'll do at
From day one, you will have the opportunity to influence decisions at a Fortune 1 Company. Our ongoing transformation ensures countless challenging projects to tackle, strategies to reshape, and changes to manage. This provides opportunities for individual growth and the need for a strong leadership pipeline. That is why we created the E3 Finance & Strategy Program.
E3 PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
The program is an 18-month rotational leadership and development program designed to accelerate the careers of our associates as they grow into roles as future leaders in Walmart Finance. The E3 Program allows you to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and grow your skills through professional education and development. We are seeking MBAs with a track record of high performance, diverse skills, and professional experience in finance, quantitative, or strategic roles.
• Experience: Two 9-month rotations across multiple, unique business areas in Walmart U.S., Sam’s Club, International, eCommerce and Corporate. You will have the opportunity to gain big data experience, build robust business and financial models and drive strategic insights in a variety of high visibility initiatives.
• Exposure: Collaborative environment that facilitates frequent access to senior leadership; Executive roundtables; Immersion experiences across our Stores, Clubs and Supply Chain; Access to MBA
• Education: Mentoring; ongoing technical skill development and individual coaching
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR ROTATIONS?
Each role is a mix of big data analytics, financial analysis and modeling, influencing strategic decisions, and implementing initiatives to improve business performance. Examples include:
• Create and compare dynamic financial models to measure and influence billions in capital spend along multiple company strategic pathways and recommend optimal rollout scenarios.
• Act as a key advisor across store Operations teams to create and implement an annual budget as well as make data-driven recommendations on operational spend, operational execution, and overall P&L management.
• Perform a comprehensive assessment across merchandising categories to strategically optimize inventory configuration and gross profit across multiple demographics and company formats while also identifying categories where Walmart should grow, contract, or shift online.
• Work with Executives to develop performance incentives to drive Corporate objectives in 11 global markets incorporating 20+ countries.
No matter the role or project, there is a great sense of satisfaction in seeing your ideas implemented and results come to fruition, whether it is through improving the lives of our customers or driving change that ripples through an entire industry.
• 3-5 years of professional experience in finance, quantitative, or strategic roles.
• Strong communication skills: experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
• Strategic, critical thinking with strong problem-solving skills and common business acumen
• Excellent quantitative skills: comfortable analyzing large volumes of data in a fast-paced and dynamic retail environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extreme attention to detail
• Authorization to work in US without restrictions
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents