Senior Director, Engineering - Cross Border Trade
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1142362BR
What you'll do at
- You have a passion for technology and an eagerness to apply the latest developments in the engineering field to the commerce of cross border trade.
- You are a strategic and seasoned technology leader with strong eCommerce and retail instincts who is highly motivated by the idea of building a strong engineering team and working with cross-functional partners to develop roadmaps impacting both our stores and our platforms globally.
- Your cadence is a perfect match for the fast pace of Walmart Labs and you’re equally comfortable getting into the details of what it takes to get a great experience out the door as you are thinking about the long-term product and business strategy for our eCommerce and retail assets.
- You are excited to become a global leader within our organization and eager to lead and collaborate with our teams who sit abroad.
- You are an influential leader with vision. Your industry acumen, shopper empathy, and technical depth carry weight when working across business units in the organization.
- International travel is an inherent requirement with this role; you must be willing to travel at least 25% of the time.
- Lead the Walmart eCommerce International Cross Border Trade team for Walmart Labs. Understand customer and business needs to successfully translate these requirements into a competent and efficient platform strategy.
- Create a collaborative and effective working relationship with functional leaders around the globe to understand business challenges and prioritize solutions that will enable the success of these functions.
- Build, develop, and guide high-performing talent. Define a long-term talent strategy.
- Adapt and deliver on the Agile strategy for the team.
- Consistently scan the market / competitors and technology landscape for applicable market insights and learnings to improve our engineering approach / strategy.
- Manage resource planning, budget planning, and tracking against these measures for your area of responsibility.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and development opportunities for associates and managers who report into you.
- BS/MS/PhD in engineering, information technology, computer science or related experience with 10+ years of experience in software product development and hands-on coding experience in the past.
- Extensive background in leading software engineering product teams.
- 10+ years of experience in various elements of full stack – front end, back end, data and insights.
- Technical leadership in design, implementation, and support of core database services that are highly reliable, flexible, and scalable.
- Extremely strong technical background with the capability of being hands-on if required and earn the respect and ability to mentor top individual technical talent.
- Good understanding of the retail and eCommerce technology domain.
- Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate and negotiate with both business and technical teams. Great interpersonal skills.
- Good experience of working with globally distributed and cross-functional teams in a collaborative and productive manner to drive business objectives.
- Ability to attract, build, and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps, recruiting, and developing talent, and by supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning.
- When you add the numbers, you will realize that this role will probably help influence the largest pool of customers anywhere in the world. If that gives you goose bumps – then you are the kind of candidate we want!
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents