Director, Trust & Safety Operations
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Legal, Compliance and Ethics
- Job Function Compliance
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1137366BR
What you'll do at
In this new role, the Director will manage a distributed team in charge of handling item and seller risk management, fraud, intellectual property and anti-counterfeit operations across multiple locations.
Reporting into the Sr. Director Trust and Safety, the Director of T&S Operations will partner with Merchants, Compliance, Customer Support, Corporate Affairs, Legal, Finance, Technology and Analytics to build a robust and scalable team.
This position must also develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce, cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics while developing and leveraging internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals.
1. Work with our Operations partners for day-to-day management of T&S Operations and support teams, including outsourcing, to ensure adherence to agreed service level goals
2. Build short- and long-term capacity planning to support T&S strategy and goals as appropriate
3. Support implementation of existing and future T&S programs as required
4. Work with our technology partners to build scalable products and tools for the T&S Operations teams
5. Develop and optimize processes for managing trust and safety escalations and other customer- and seller-facing programs.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and customer focused. The position requires a hands-on, entrepreneurial style – one that looks to become personally involved to whatever degree necessary to manage functional responsibility and key relationships. We are looking for a cross-functional team player who drives hard, can handle controversy, and makes decisions firmly and objectively.
- Minimum of 10+ years related experience in a relevant field. Previous fraud, risk management, policy, ecommerce experience in the consumer or retail space required.
- Experience operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with matrixed reporting and while relying on others.
- Proven track record in operations management, with measurable and demonstrated process improvement results
- Strong management skills; sets clear priorities and performance goals for the team and eliminates barriers to the team’s success.
- Proven results of balancing due diligence while delivering fast outcomes that our customers love.
- Smart, organized analytical thinker, with the ability to perform detailed analysis of numerous metrics.
- Skill set requirements are as follows: facilitation, leadership, portfolio management and execution, communication with diverse audiences and stakeholders, at all levels, including senior executives and customer service. Track record of articulating pragmatic, sensible and simple service approaches while executing across multiple competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with people at a variety of levels.
- Experience working internationally, and a global mindset.
- Familiarity with the Walmart.com customer experience, site and business.
- Experience working with external stakeholders, industry partners, and government regulators.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents