Manager, Marketing Planning & Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1126997BR
What you'll do at
- Annual Operating Plan: Supports the development of the annual operating plan (AOP). Conducts analysis for specific programs and reviews research and customer data. Manages the execution of assigned projects within the AOP.
- Budget Management: Manages own program/initiative budget
- Collaboration: Collaborates with cross-functional teams (e.g., Advertising, Digital Marketing, eCommerce Category Marketing, Creative, Operations, Category Management, Site Merchandising, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Analytics) to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all channels within own program/imitative. Collects and shares critical information (e.g., item info, merchant intent) with cross-functional teams.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Creative Brief Development: Assists with the development of creative briefs for a single marketing program. Recommends target audience, objectives, budget and timeline for director review. Suggests creative considerations (media, materials, tone). Prepares meeting materials for understanding of brief and socialization.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Marketing Initiative Implementation and Management: Manages a single marketing program (including media plan, circular, internal and supplier campaigns, promotional events). Manages communications (e.g., email, mobile, direct mail, signing, circular, TV, radio and social media) to ensure a consistent customer experience and Walmart brand alignment. Works with internal/external agencies to ensure all creative output is in line with overall brand strategy and objectives. Ensures Walmart brand guidelines and standards (e.g., right colors, no coupons) are applied in a consistent way. Reviews campaign performance data (awareness, conversion, acquisition and retention) and calculates ROI of programs/initiatives.
- Marketing Strategy: Understands and supports the development of Walmart's marketing strategy and brand objectives. Leverages available data (demographics, purchasing history/transaction records, surveys, social media data, site visit logs, product reviews, responses to advertisements) to develop customer insights (including multicultural considerations) and suggest ways to differentiate Walmart in the marketplace. Understands criteria for targeted items and relevance to Walmart's marketing strategy. Provides input into promotional planning and associated calendar.
- Media Strategy and Planning: Understands creative brief's messages and suggests media options that will extract the most value from the messages for own program/initiative. Collects performance metrics to understand effectiveness of marketing channels (e.g., how much revenue was generated via Pinterest compared with direct mail). Maintains awareness of AOP allocation to various marketing channels and makes the best possible spending choice for own program/initiative. Begins to develop relationships with key contacts at selected media channels.
- People Development: Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors less experienced associates.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 1 year's experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years' experience in marketing or related field.
- 3 years' experience in marketing or related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents