Sr Business Operations Manager
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1126659BR
What you'll do at
Identifies and pursues opportunities for operational improvements by leading annual operating plan process; conducting department strength, weakness, opportunity, and threat (SWOT) analysis to inform department business priorities and resource forecasts based on product development growth and annual budget; forecasting resources required for portfolio roadmaps; identifying resource gaps (for example, request for information architecture resources greater than supply); and suggesting improvements to better enhance team and partner performance.
Manages the development and execution of continuous improvement plans for the organization's tools and processes by identifying areas of opportunity; leading cross-functional alignment on business changes; developing recommendations to address cross-functional concerns and presenting them to leadership; managing the implementation of new tools and processes; and updating leadership on implementation progress.
Manages the financial processes (for example, headcount forecast, annual financial plan development) for the organization by partnering with leadership and Finance teams to determine team strategy; identifying future projects based on capability gaps; ensuring accurate forecasting and financial planning based on data; managing expenses compared to plan; partnering with Finance, recruiting and leadership to track and report on headcount and operating expenses.
Manages, motivates and drives logistics for team events inside/outside of the organization (eg conferences, presentations, hackathons, diversity events, etc) and it is actively looking of ways of creating a brand and culture for the organization.
- Judgment: Demonstrate Professional Judgment - Researches and integrates relevant information and data and uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions.
- Execution and Results: Focus on Execution and Results - Aligns and pursues work activities to achieve the mission and business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, and resources across functions, organizations, and locations to improve performance. Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates with appropriate people. Listens attentively and asks questions to ensure understanding.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Performance - Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals.
- Influence and Communicate: Build Influence - Develops and presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one's perspectives and initiatives. Researches information for and prepares documents and presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
-Adaptability: Adapt Professionally - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Embraces change and supports its implementations.
- Build Relationships: Form Relationships - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across organizational boundaries
Experience with Design tools to create power points, newsletters, etc
Experience in a communication or branding role is desired.
- Experience working with consultant or start up companies a plus
About Walmart Labs
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts