Food Safety & QA Manager-Dairy
- Location FORT WAYNE, IN
- Career Area Distribution Centers
- Job Function Warehousing - Management
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1126449BR
What you'll do at
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Ensures the dairy plant meets quality and federal, state, and local food safety standards
- Leads and sustains Food Safety and Quality programs and systems for the dairy plant in support of delivering food safe quality dairy products
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- 1 year's experience utilizing Microsoft Office (for example, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as well as SPC Programs and SAP.
- 1 year's supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing lab environment.
- 2 years' Safe Quality Food (SQF) process experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Food Science or related field with a minimum of 8 credit hours each in Microbiology and Chemistry and 5 years' experience in a quality assurance related field OR 10 years' experience in food or dairy processing quality assurance.
- 3 years experience in manufacturing (for example, food processing, dairy processing) including laboratory and/or sanitation responsibilities.
- Additional training and/or Certification (for example, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Statistical Process Control (SPC)).
- Master's degree in Biology, Food Science or related field.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents