Senior Manager I, Software Engineering
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1118631BR
What you'll do at
• Lead, mentor and manage the front end developers and QA specialists dedicated to our Marketing & Creative departments. This team specializes in custom front-end code solutions to meet evolving business needs not supported by existing codebase and templates; and in using our ecommerce platform admin tools (ATG, Tempo and others in development) to code, load and publish marketing & merchandising assets to our ecommerce experiences including:Homepage
• Category, shelf & club locator POVs and other types of pages supporting promotional campaigns, events, membership, storytelling, rich content, and marketing assets/modules that aren’t dynamic product grids/carousels
• All custom landing pages used for marketing campaigns, preorder experiences, acquisition campaigns, buying guides & any need not supported by an existing template
•Run of Site banner and similar promotional/offer assets
• Plan for optimal resourcing & processes to ensure priority support of holiday & other promotional events including war rooms, launches and troubleshooting.
• Partner cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Creative, Operations, Site Merch, Site Ops and Marketing to ensure efficient and effective communication and workflows on bugs, issues resolution and product development wherever it impacts or has dependencies on internal front end user groups & admin tools
Manager's Ideal Candidate Must-Haves
• Solutions oriented with a proven track record of partnering cross-functionally, especially with UX, engineering and product management teams, to effect improvements in technology product development process
• At least 3 to 5 years of retail experience for a major national eCommerce/retail brand
• Experience managing a team of front end developers
• Working knowledge of layered design files (Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Experience / active participation in developing CMSs or CMS components
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents