Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Job Function Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1115595BR
What you'll do at
Walmart is currently looking for a Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications. This person will be responsible creating and executing media strategies to position Walmart eCommerce as an innovation leader, drive sales and customer acquisition, and enhance the company’s overall reputation.
This individual is responsible for the development and execution of multiple public relations campaigns and corporate, consumer and technology initiatives. They will serve as a company spokesperson to ensure complex and sensitive statements and key messages are provided to the media, while developing strong relationships with national beat reporters and key tech/influencer outlets in support of the company’s e-commerce vision and initiatives. This person will collaborate with agencies, other team members and corporate affairs colleagues to maximize storytelling.
This person will support crisis communications and media issues to minimize reputational impact. They’ll collaborate with multiple internal and external business clients to ensure alignment and understanding of media opportunities and issues. This individual will manage the executive speaking engagement process, and develop speaking content and materials, as necessary.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to make sound judgements in a fast paced environment. Expertise in media relations for both proactive and reactive issues is essential.
- Assists senior management to identify and influence stakeholders
- Consults with internal organizations on global strategic initiatives or multi-business initiatives
- Develops and executes comprehensive media plans for Walmart's corporate and business unit clients to enhance the company's reputation
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Ensures internal and external business clients understand and capitalize on media opportunities and issues
- Manages the implementation of media strategies for a geographic business unit
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Serves as a company spokesperson to ensure complex and sensitive statements and key messages are provided to the media
•Must have experience with the media, preferably in e-commerce, technology business, tech and retail.
•Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
•Excellent writer and verbal communicator,
•This position will require approximately 15% travel, mostly domestic to corporate headquarters in Bentonville, AR. and media events in New York or other locations.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to adapt and move quickly between programs and businesses, and someone who is a creative and thoughtful builder of communications plans.
•Should be able to thrive within a team-based environment.
•Helpful to be able to laugh…sometimes at yourself.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents