Senior Manager, Content Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Job Function Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1107118BR
What you'll do at
- We’re looking for an experienced, strategic leader who will develop and drive social media integration strategy and execution in Walmart’s Corporate Affairs division.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing social media campaign strategy in a highly matrixed organization, as well as expertise in online crisis management, social content production, paid distribution and community management.
He or she will play a vital role in building and maintaining cross-functional work streams with Walmart’s Marketing and Global People divisions.
Creativity, a positive outlook and strong people skills will be keys to success.
Consults with organizations on global communications:
- Develops strategic communication plans
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Evaluates and ensures the effectiveness of global communication plans and projects
- Identifies and implements new and innovative communication ideas
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Ensures digital communication needs are achieved by leveraging social media programs; collaborating with all business units to ensure divisions are represented on appropriate platforms; determining industry trends in social media communication; researching advances in social media and tools; determining new tools and avenues to ensure corporate platforms are current and up-to-date; discovering new ways to utilize digital programs; determining resource requirements; collaborating with appropriate departments to develop fresh content; developing social content initiatives; determining return on investment for the digital communications strategy; and presenting new initiatives to senior leadership.
Leads the implementation of communication initiatives and programs across digital platforms by collaborating with cross-functional teams on corporate initiatives; determining program requirements to ensure functionality across digital platforms; evaluating and reviewing existing capabilities, initiatives, and programs; utilizing digital technical expertise to integrate initiatives and programs into a digital platform; providing guidance to leadership regarding best practices for digital communication methods; ensuring a positive user experience for all audiences; and providing recommendations to internal teams regarding program changes.
Develops and drives social editorial strategy by ensuring creative content aligns with business strategies, objectives, and priorities; collaborating with internal and external parties to ensure the Walmart message is aligned with the overall brand; ensuring Walmart's brand is protected in all digital avenues; providing guidance and framework to divisions and business units responsible for communicating Walmart's message to external parties; identifying areas of opportunity in the presentation of the corporate image and determining solutions to address gaps; identifying and driving innovative solutions to attract audiences; determining channel presentation and functionality; developing and recommending changes and improvements to current content, processes, and strategies; and providing guidance to business units in best practices for protecting the Walmart brand both internally and externally on digital channels.
Oversees the design, development, writing, editing, and implementation of communications by collaborating with business areas regarding objectives, needs, methods, presentation content, and needed support; reviewing content for clarity, meaningfulness, and relevance; providing feedback; approving timelines, creative design, and content; directing the team to identify creative and innovative methods of conceptualizing and presenting ideas and solutions; and participating in cross-functional teams.
- 1 year s supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or related field and 4 years experience in corporate communications, public relations, or relevant area OR 6 years experience in corporate communications, public relations, or relevant area.
- 1 year s experience working in a corporate retail or Fortune 100 environment.
- 2 years experience in communications, social media, marketing, public relations, politics, journalism, or relevant area.
- 1 year supervisory experience.
- 3 years experience managing vendors or third-party agencies.
- 3 years experience developing and executing social/digital communication strategies.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents