Comm Mgr II-GSS
- Location CHARLOTTE, NC
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Management
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1104377BR
What you'll do at
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops internal and external communication plans and executes on plans (for example, intra- or cross-divisional messages, supplier training, talking points, frequently asked questions (FAQs), associate-facing promotional materials, presentations, articles, change management plans) by, supporting the development and planning of calendar of events and communications; adjusting approach or methods based on potential risks of a communication project or activities; identifying conflicting past or future messaging as well as existing documents; advising on the creation, distribution, and selection of communication elements related to plan (i.e. digital communication, signage, e-mail, presentation, meeting); drafting, designing, reviewing, and editing communications; executing the creation and distribution of communications according to plan; and establishing metrics and measuring effectiveness through metrics monitoring and benchmarking.
- Identifies and implements new and innovative communication ideas by, staying current on industry best practices and innovation (for example, participating in professional organizations, attending conferences, conducting industry research, attending webinars); determining the most effective methods of implementation; and modifying processes to improve efficiency or quality.
- Manages internal stakeholder relationships by, educating and advising clients on project requirements, timelines, risks, and alternatives; collaborating with project managers, key stakeholders, event team staff, ISD engineering, and facility managers; identifying situations that require escalation; and securing management approval for communication and event plans.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Serves as project team lead to develop and execute GSS events (town halls, Saturday Morning Meetings, Holiday Meetings, Supplier Meetings) by, building agendas; developing event themes and create event content; identifying and selecting speakers; providing guidance to other communications associates; building surveys, sending to associates, gathering and analyzing results; and relaying survey results back to leadership.
- Bachelor s degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Technical Writing, Graphic Design, Liberal Arts, Fine Arts, or related field and 2 years experience in corporate communication, marketing, public relations, journalism, executive communication, technical writing, graphic design, or related field OR 4 years experience in corporate communication, public relations, journalism, executive communication, technical writing, graphic design, or related field.
- Adobe Creative Suite Proficiency
- Event Planning Experience
- Foreign language proficiency (For example, Spanish, French-Canadian)
- Social Media Communications Experience
- Videographer Experience
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents