SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, Machine Learning
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1102494BR
What you'll do at
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- At least 4 years of experience with Internet-scale distributed technologies in ML/AI domains such as real-time recommendation, personalization, or search
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: predictive modeling, machine learning and AI, experimentation methods
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, high-performance computing (HPC).
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, C++ and Python.
- Can translate user inputs to software requirements and design specifications and effectively communicate with team members.
- Experience with machine learning, deep learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Lucene/SOLR or Storm/Samza
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of Neural Networks and use of transfer learning
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment.
- Proficiency training large scale models in, at least, one modern deep learning engine such as MXNet, Tensorflow, Caffe/Caffe2, Keras, PyTorch/Torch and Theano.
- Experience in GPU, FPGA and performance tuning.
- Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
- Experience influencing product strategy through data-centric presentations (to product, business, and other stakeholders)
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents