Senior Data Analyst II / Data Scientist
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1098157BR
What you'll do at
In this role, as a senior data scientist, you will have the opportunity to innovatively use advanced analytical and machine learning techniques to significantly impact Sam’s Club’s ability to positively deliver on shrink and fraud goals while balancing sales growth and member experience. You will also have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment with partners across various cross functional units as well as field associates in club locations across the chain.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides data-based analysis and insights to drive investigative analytics strategy by coordinating the development of complete datasets needed to support project-level models; confirming evidence of new threats or fraud that could affect the business (for example, alleged internal and external fraud, criminal activity, company reputational harm); understanding the various types of requests from multiple sources (for example, Legal, Human Resources, Law Enforcement Agencies, Global Investigations, eCommerce); coordinating with internal and external customers to build consistent and accurate strategies for using functional area metrics; performing analyses utilizing advanced software and techniques (for example, statistical analysis software (SAS), structured query language (SQL), mathematical modeling, R); evaluating and interpreting results accurately; and presenting conclusions, deliverables, and recommendations to stakeholders to support the business.
• Collaborates with leadership in the development of risk management and mitigation strategies to safeguard company assets by driving risk-related research as a foundation for making strategic, corporate, risk-related decisions; anticipating changes in company operating environment based on risk factors; ensuring the evaluation, development, and application of qualitative and quantitative methods for evaluating company risk; and testing and developing best practice methodologies while leveraging partner and third party networks.
• Gathers and compiles data related to Sam's Club systems and processes by utilizing appropriate software (for example, SQL queries, R, SAS, Excel, Alteryx, Tableau); determining and performing appropriate method of data collection; coordinating with other areas to collect data; organizing and validating data prior to data analysis; consolidating and identifying exceptions and patterns in data; identifying and escalating risks and concerns; and creating and maintaining reports, reporting tools, and templates.
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
• Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or related field AND5 years experience in data analytics, or related field.
- 4 years experience working with data analytics tools, programming languages, or machine learning (for example, SQL, Alteryx, SAS, Tableau, Python).
- Master s degree in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or related field.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents