Manager, Retail Change Management, Knowledge Base and Communications
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function Project and Program Management
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1093616BR
What you'll do at
You will be a key member of team that is responsible for ensuring the smooth release and adoption of new products and processes into our Retail organization. As part of Retail Core Engine, this team leverages skills in change management, content creation, communications, project management and business process to articulate benefits, assess impacts of change and determine change management activities necessary to drive successful adoption. The team forms a pivotal connection between product teams the end users. This is a highly visible role that works closely with senior management and an excellent opportunity to improve the way the organization works.
You will support the adoption of change management principles by using a common framework and methodology. Whether it is the launch of new Search and Pricing algorithms, new streamlined item setup processes or sharing the latest data science capabilities, our Retail team relies on us to smoothly navigate change and keep things running through massive business growth and ongoing systems and process innovation.
In this role, you will:
• Implement specific Change Management initiatives to help drive adoption and understanding of tools and processes used by over 1,000 Retail team members
• Develop change management processes spanning new tool releases, tool retirement, process updates new data and reports. Create a framework for impact assessment, promote timelines, assist in execution, own action plans, and drive smooth handoffs
• Oversee aspects of our internal Retail Knowledge Base including platform selection, content structuring and maintenance, content migration and content refresh
• Work closely with Product teams on the production of regular Demo days to showcase the latest innovations across systems, tools and processes and drive continued alignment between our Product Management and Retail Category Management teams
• Track and communicate key systems, tools and process updates and changes that impact our Retail Category teams
• Liaison with Product teams and Category (end-user) teams
• Establish best practices for releasing change into Retail, enhancing existing and introducing new methods of communication to ensure change is well understood throughout the organization
• Create and curate content, ensuring that the new products tools and processes are thoroughly documented and accessible to our Retail teams
• Leverage analytics to track against key program success metrics, communicate satisfaction insights to our Retail organization, and make informed recommendations
• Manage communications to our Retail Category teams, inclusive of newsletter, Demo Day and various channel notifications (Slack, applications, etc)
• Drive the vision for providing internal users with easily accessible and understandable knowledge articles, working both in a content creation and content curation role
• Work across Walmart’s US eCommerce sites; including Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle.com, Shoes.com and others
• Cross functional and collaborative change management and communications professional
• Experienced in implementing change management programs to drive faster adoption, higher utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact end users
• Knowledgeable in a variety of change management resources and methodology, including presentations, implementation tools and communications
• Strong customer service, organizational, prioritization, risk management, communication and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Able to level up and down on topics with ease
• Flexible, collaborative approach to problem solving, in which creative and quick thinking can lead to a solution in hours rather than days
• Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive products and competing priorities simultaneously with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
• Well versed in both online and integrated retail environments
• Someone who can inspire a vision for a new way of working and motivate cross-functional collaboration!
• BA/BS degree, with 6+ years of change management or communications experience, ideally in a retail environment
• Experience with two or more of the following core activities: change management, engagement plans/activities for change, impact assessments, stakeholder analysis, engagement strategies, change agent networks, communication plans and change adoption measurement activities
• Experience improving and documenting processes
• Experience applying design thinking and other user-centered methodologies
• Experience in large and complex corporate environments (ideally in Retail), working with cross-functional team comprised of members with diverse skill sets (e.g. Program Management, Product Management, Merchandising, Engineers)
• Product, eCommerce, technology or HTML/CSS design experience a plus
• Experience building green-field change programs a plus
"I love that at Walmart, each associate has the opportunity and autonomy to create their own career path and grow."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents