Communications Manager, Talent Development
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Training
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1086626BR
What you'll do at
- This position is for a professional who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong background in communications and learning development. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and editing communication and learning materials in multiple media types. You will manage the communication and editing process across multiple projects and initiatives for eCommerce Fulfillment Centers and support the development of L&D courses. You will work closely with the Regional L&D Managers, L&D Multimedia Producer, Instructional Designers, and Subject Matter Experts to maintain accuracy and consistency. The requirements will be driven by a wide range of stakeholders and internal customers.
Executes the strategic communication plan and L&D program with accuracy and consistency. Represents the L&D function when assisting with the development of L&D strategies. Stays up-to-date on current trends impacting the L&D and Communications functions and adjusts plans accordingly.
Collaborates with multimedia producer and instructional designers to edit materials for accuracy, effectiveness, and consistency.
Implements and delivers completed communication and L&D programs to affected audiences. Researches and recommends innovative methods to deliver programs with a focus on the digital frontier.
Reviews L&D program performance data to improve associates’ performance and productivity. Manages analysis of KPIs and ad hoc initiatives. Makes recommendations to L&D team leaders based on analytical findings.
Develops and implements communications and marketing plans for L&D programs. Manages all components of communication strategy implementation for L&D projects to ensure on time and within budget delivery.
Collaborates with functional teams (content, SMEs, Operations, HR, and social media) to ensure the completion of plan objectives. Provides communications, editing, and marketing expertise and advice to Senior Manager of Communications and Learning Development.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, supports plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifies and communicates goals and objectives; builds accountability for and measures progress in achieving results; identifies and addresses improvement opportunities; and demonstrates adaptability and promotes continuous learning.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field
- Four years of experience in communications and editing
Two years of experience in Adobe Creative Suite
Two years of experience in instructional design
Fluent in English and a secondary language (for example, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin).
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents