Senior Data Scientist (GEC11902)
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1063514BR
What you'll do at
We are looking for outstanding machine learning/data engineers with skills in distributed computing system and experience working with very large scale of data, who will work closely with machine learning/data scientists in the team, and contribute to the Product Catalog Content in driving the future of merchandising, shelving, classifying, variant detection and matching.
- Building, maintaining and monitoring scalable data pipelines to support modeling and optimization products; - Analyzing, identifying, and debugging data related issues to ensure quality and stability of models and applications; - Working with machine learning/data scientists to build prototypes and perform experiments; - Working with engineering team to productize new features and products; - Performing ad hoc data related analysis.
- Masters or equivalent degree in a computational science or engineering with 4+ years of experience in machine learning/data engineer role;
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop/Spark) and relational data base (e.g., Oracle, MySQL), and knowledge of NoSQL database;
- Strong implementation experience with a programming language (e.g., Jave/C++/Scala) and a scripting language (e.g., Python/Perl/Ruby), and familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
- Strong hands-on skills in building scalable and reliable data pipelines for sourcing, cleaning and manipulating large volumes of data;
- Basic understanding of machine learning/statistics.
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience building and maintaining large scale data pipelines in product content processing;
- Experience building and/or maintaining machine learning models and pipelines;
- Familiarity with job scheduler (e.g., Jenkins/Azkaban/Airflow);
- Experience with Elastic Search/Solr.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts