Category Manager, Home Decor
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1054728BR
What you'll do at
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
Lead team of category specialists, driving skill development growth & continuous learning across entire direct report team.
Deliver best-in-class assortment & end-to-end customer experience in the market.
• Develop assortment, pricing, merchandising, marketing & product strategies to deliver to sales & profit goals & grow market share for your category.
• Drive team of category specialists to execute your strategies & iterate as needed, using effective communication & clear strategies.
• Determine white space in assortment/brands & secure partnerships to cover these using national brands or private brand partners.
• Own vendor relationships & strategically drive vendors to create unique assortments, deliver best-in-market pricing & ensure fast delivery.
• Build aspirational product stories & marketing assets, working with marketing partners to build traffic drivers for distinct customer profiles.
• Build best-in-class item content for entire assortment through efficient item set-up management.
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you possess a unique combination of business acumen, product knowledge, analytical skills and problem-solving abilities….
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change…
• 4-5 years managing an ecommerce business, with specific experience related to marketing and site optimization
• 2-3 years developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
• 1-2 years’ experience managing and maintaining an open-to-buy
• Undergrad from top tier school, MBA preferred
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents