Key Accounts Lead
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1050405BR
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable connections between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. We work alongside some of the most talented marketers in the world to engage with 150M U.S. households who shop with Walmart each week. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility and fast-growing business unit within a Fortune 500 company. Anchored by the world’s largest retail database and proprietary advertising platforms, we help perfect media performance and brand impact coupled with best-in-class targeting and measurement. We believe all advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it.
The Media Partnerships team works with Walmart suppliers to fund comprehensive marketing plans using Walmart’s suite of digital ad products. We pride ourselves on a consultative style, driving media investment by acting as advisors. Each Key Accounts Lead works with small number of our biggest and most-demanding suppliers, typically those with product lines in multiple shopping categories and sophisticated data opportunities. Key Accounts work cross-functionally with Walmart Ad Sales, Product, and Category Marketing teams. Externally, we work with suppliers’ Brand Managers, Analytics, and E-Commerce teams, as well as their National Media and Shopper Marketing agencies.
Key Accounts Leads need to be excellent operators of revenue-generating ad programs, long-term strategic thinkers, short-term problem solvers and process drivers, and adaptable and resilient in the face of massive growth. The position requires proven experience managing large strategic partnerships and cross-functional leadership experience in complex organizations. Ideal applicants are ambitious and goal-oriented. People we choose for this team will be responsible for digital advertising solutions viewed by millions of people every day, influencing billions in retail spending. We think that's a pretty awesome opportunity.
• Drive advertising revenue investment from large-scale supplier partnerships at Walmart. Build and execute multi-year plans to 10X those investments by delivering great value, digital innovation, and service to the biggest and most demanding marketers in the world.
• Own overall satisfaction and engagement for Key Accounts in all aspects related to advertising; direct an external team of sales VPs and Account Managers via our outsourced organization; direct support functions, such as creative development, ad ops, analytics, and campaign reporting as needed.
• Build and maintain strong, cross-functional working relationships between Partnership Marketing and Category Management; establish PM as the internal go-to experts for all things advertising.
Manage success for each Key Account by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for business strategies; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into plans; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer-centric work environment.
• Conduct annual negotiations with major suppliers alongside Walmart Category Directors/GMs to ensure years-long, growing investments in digital media. Direct integration of advertising plans into joint-business planning with major suppliers; provide leadership and oversight to ensure the JBP is executed flawlessly.
• Cultivate an environment where Associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices.
• 5+ years of digital media or advertising experience, primarily on the sell-side
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents